Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Favourite Moments of the Oscars 2014

So as you all know the 86th Annual Oscars 2014 just took place on Sunday the 2nd of March. Now I have never really been into watching the Oscars before but something about this year made me really want to. Unfortunately I had to be up first thing on Monday morning so I didn’t get to watch the live show and then even missed the showing here in Ireland. So I downloaded the whole show and spent last night watching it. I have to say that Ellen is one of my most favourite people ever!  She never fails to make me laugh and I think she was just the perfect host for it!
For this blog I decided to put in a few of my ‘favourites.’ So let’s being J

Favourite Ellen moments:

The infamous selfie that Ellen took with a bunch of the stars to break twitter…which they did. Well done, Over 2 million retweets!


After Pink singing ‘Somewhere over the rainbow’ from The Wizard of Oz….Ellen comes out in this lovely outfit. I think it really suits her! She really looks like a fairy.


And finally, Ellen buying pizza and having it delivered then passed around! Not only that but she then goes around with Pharell’s hat to collect money for the pizza. Had me cracking up! :D



Favourite Performances:

I had three favourite performances overall. These are:
Pharrell Williams - Happy. I just thought the choreography and general fun that everyone seemed to be having was brilliant! Although I will never get used to those massive hats he wears…..looks so strange.


My next favourite performance was from Pink who sang ‘Somewhere over the rainbow’ as  a tribute to the 75th anniversary of The Wizard of Oz. Not only did she sing absolutely beautifully, She looked absolutely stunning in her red-ruby sparkling floor length dress.




And finally, Idina Menzel’s performance of ‘Let it Go’ from the now Oscar winning animated film ‘Frozen’. I have loved this song since I first heard it and can recite all the lyrics off and won’t deny that as she was singing this song I was singing along quietly with her!  


I had a couple of cringe moments for the stars during the show.

Poor Jennifer Lawrence had another fall this year after her trip on the stairs while going to get her Oscar last year. While she was walking down the red carpet she tripped over her gown but luckily her prince charming Nicholas Hoult was there to help her back up! Just like last year she brushed off the awkward situation with laughing and moved past it….that is until Ellen decided to give her a bit of a roasting about it during the Oscars, all in good fun of course but it had me cracking up about it. My favourite line from Ellen during this was: ‘’Jennifer if you win an Oscar tonight, we’ll just bring it down to you.’’



My next cringe moment was when John Travolta got Idina Menzel’s name wrong as she came on to perform.. he pronounced her name “Adele Dazeem.” I don’t know where his head was at when he said it but I couldn’t believe it. After she performed so amazingly then thankfully Ellen mentioned her again by her actual name.


Another favourite moment was seeing the posts online after about Benedict Cumberbatch photobombing U2 on the red carpet….the picture speak for themselves!



And finally, not really a cringe moment but god did I feel so bad for Leonardo DiCaprio when he didn’t win the Oscar for best actor….i don’t think that man is ever going to get one…. While I did feel bad for him, it didn’t stop me from joining in the twitter and facebook party of memes on his unfortunate loss.




Now for my Best Dressed:

First off, probably my favourite outfit of the night would be Sandra Bullock in a fabulous deep-blue strapless Alexander McQueen gown! I was taken aback when I saw her in this. Absolutely stunning.


Next is Jennifer Lawrence in this beautiful floor length Dior gown. She just looked absolutely amazing! She really knows how to rock the short hair too! Her necklace and earings are Neil Lane jewels and just suit the outfit so well.


Lupita Nyong'o wore a custom-made Prada gown and Fred Leighton jewels. I can say she really looked like a little princess at the Oscars especially with the beautiful diamond hair band.


Meryl Streep wore an elegant Lanvin gown that dipped slightly off the shoulder. It suited her so perfectly and she had the perfect accessories to go with the outfit.


And finally I just had to put in about how much I loved Anne Hathaway’s look for the night. The black silk crepe column Gucci gown featured a crystal embroidered detail on the bust and waist, It was probably one of the most eye catching outfits of the night and she worked it so well! I thought it was a great example of some modern day glamour.


Now that I have done my favourite dresses from the night…I think it’s only appropriate that I mention a couple of the lovely gentlemen that I was drooling over while watching the Oscars.
First up is of course the gorgeous Chris Hemsworth who looked amazing in his burgundy waistcoat and of course next to his beautiful wife Elsa Pataky who was showing off her bump for the night! They both just looked amazing!



And next up is one of my favourite actors, Benedict Cumberbatch. I have already mentioned him once in this blog from his brilliant photobomb but let’s just take a second to appreciate how incredibly delicious he looks in this suit!


And there we have it guys! I do have other favourites from the Oscars but since this blog is already so long I’ll just let those ones float around in my mind! J

Hope you enjoyed reading!

Who do you think was the best dressed and what were you’re favourite moments?

Stay Beautiful

~AlwaysTimeForTea

Also in case some people haven't seen the results. Here is a full list of the winners from the Oscars 2014:

Best Picture
12 Years A Slave

Best Director 
Alfonso Cuaron (Gravity) 

Best Animated Feature
Frozen

Best Live Action Short Film
Helium (Anders Walter, Kim Magnusson)

Best Visual Effects
Gravity (Tim Webber, Chris Lawrence, Dave Shirk, Neil Corbould)

Best Film Editing
Gravity (Alfonso CuarĂ³n, Mark Sanger)

Best Sound Editing
Gravity (Glenn Freemantle)

Best Original Score
Gravity (Steven Price)

Best Original Screenplay
Her (Spike Jonze)

Best Sound Mixing 
Skip Lievsay, Niv Adirj, Christopher Benstead and Chris Munro (Gravity)

Foreign Language Film
The Great Beauty, Italy 

Best Costume Design
Catherine Martin, The Great Gatsby

Best Actor in a Leading Role
Matthew McConaughey (Dallas Buyers Club) 

Best Actress in a Leading Role
Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine) 

Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club) 

Best Actress in a Supporting Role 
Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years A Slave) 

Best Make-up and Hairstyling
Dallas Buyers Club (Adruitha Lee, Robin Mathews)

Best Animated Short Film
Mr. Hublot (Laurent Witz, Alexandre Espigares)

Best Documentary Feature
20 Feet from Stardom

Best Cinematography
Gravity (Emmanuel Lubezki)

Best Production Design
The Great Gatsby (Catherine Martin, Beverley Dunn)

Best Documentary Short Subject
The Lady in Number 6: Music Saved My Life

Best Original Song
Let It Go (Frozen)

Best Adapted Screenplay
12 Years a Slave (John Ridley)






No comments:

Post a Comment